GREEN GODDESS BOWL WITH TUNA STEAK
Serves : 4
Prep : 10 mins
Cook : 30 mins
Nutrition per serving
What you need
- 1 cup (190g) dried quinoa, rinsed
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup (135g) green peas, frozen
- handful fresh mint
- handful basil leaves
- 2 avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 7 oz. (200g) baby spinach
- 4 tuna steaks (total weight approx. 1lb./450g)
- salt & pepper
What do you need to do
- Cook the quinoa according to instructions on the packaging, then transfer to a big bowl and set aside to cool.
- In another medium-sized pot, cook the broccoli for 6-8 minutes until tender. Towards the end of the cooking time add in the green peas. Drain the vegetables and add to the quinoa.
- In a food processor or blender, blend together the mint, basil, 1 of the avocados and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Once blended and creamy add to the quinoa and vegetables and mix well to combine.
- Chop up the remaining avocado and stir it through the quinoa. Add in the spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside until needed.
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Heat a dry grill pan over high heat and cook the tuna steaks for 3-4 minutes each side (depending on the thickness of the steak). Once cooked remove the tuna steaks from the pan and set aside to test for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the green quinoa salad between 4 plates and serve with a tuna steak.